Sea & Sea Sony MDXL-α7IV Underwater Housing for Sony Alpha 7R IV Camera
The MDXL-α7IV underwater housing for the 61MP Sony Alpha 7R IV camera is the first of Sea & Sea's new MDX-L series housings. The redesigned MDX-L series housings are now upgraded with more standard features including; silicone handle inserts to improve handling, SA8 fixed ball bases, and a Leak Sentinel XB vacuum system. The Sony Alpha 7R IV camera can also be mounted in the housing with its LCD monitor extended from the camera to reduce the distance between the rear window and monitor to increase visibility.
Underwater Strobe Compatibility
The MDXL-α7IV housing is compatible with Sea & Sea Optical YS Converter S1 which converts the strobe light emission signal of the camera to LED light and synchronizes with the SEA&SEA YS strobe. It is a high-performance converter that does not just emit simple light-emitting signals, but also performs TTL auto light control.
* Sony original adapter ADP-MAA is required separately for connecting camera and optical YS converter.
The MDXL-α7IV housing is also compatible with the Sea & Sea Manual Flash Trigger/S (optional).
Built-in Buoyancy Pocket
A built-in buoyancy pocket lessens the underwater weight of the housing by 240g/8.5oz. The pocket can also be used as space for extra battery pack for extending battery the life of the Sony Alpha 7R IV underwater.
This housing is compatible with all the DX (NX) series ports. The camera can be removed from the housing easily even if a lens with large diameter such as the SEL1635GM is mounted on the camera without removing port from the housing enabling you to replace battery and lens with ease.
Leak Detection and Vacuum System
Leak Sentinel XB, which measures atmospheric pressure inside the housing even on land, is now a standard accessory together with the conventional built-in Leak Sensor. Two alert sensors are available for your peace of mind.
MDXL-α7IV Other Features:
- The Port Lock prevents the port from turning or loosening and the Port Lock lever is specifically located to avoid being unlocked accidentally.
- The housing is equipped with a lens-lock release button which makes it possible to change lenses easily, without opening the housing.
- Pulling out the Focus/Zoom Dial gives sufficient room inside the housing to easily accommodate larger diameter lenses.
- The camera’s diopter adjustment dial can be operated from outside the housing. This feature is useful when two or more people with different eyesight use the housing.
- All controls have luminescence stickers which glow in dark environment. Equipped with the Optical Viewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other optional viewfinders such as the VF180 1.2x, VF45 1.2x and Optical Viewfinder 0.66x, 0.8x can be used. *Some vignetting occurs when the VF180 1.2x is mounted on housing.
- Sync Cord 2-pin Connector enables use of conventional hardwired Sync cable (Manual mode only).
- Equipped with two sacrificial zinc diodes (one on the front case and the other on the rear) to prevent electrolysis damage.
- Built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to water ingress.
- Tripod screw mount is located on the center underside of the housing.
- Equipped with under guard to protect from scratch.
Sync cord compatibility of housing: optical/electrical/both
No posts found