Sea & Sea MDX-α7III Underwater Housing for Sony a7III and a7RIII Camera
The Sea & Sea underwater housing for the Sony a7III and a7RIII cameras has been designed and shaped for easy operation during your dive. The ergonomically designed controls are positioned for both comfort and easy use. Compatible with all the DX (NX) ports series. Larger diameter lenses can be easily removed through the increased housing port diameter to enable battery exchange in camera body without removing lens.
Compatible with all the DX (NX) ports series. Larger diameter lenses can be easily removed through the increased housing port diameter to enable battery exchange in camera body without removing lens.
Sea&Sea engineers have designed a unique Buoyancy Pocket*, which can also accommodate accessories such as a mobile battery charger, without compromising the overall size of the housing. The availability of an optional battery charger has addressed battery life of the camera and allows shooting for extended periods without concern of camera power loss. The internal space also contributes to the reduction of the weight underwater. Combined with the lightweight camera body the use of large floats is typically not needed.
Compatible with optical converter S1
Compatible with Sea&Sea "optical converter S1" which converts the strobe light emission signal of the camera to LED light and synchronizes with the Sea&Sea YS strobe. It is a high-performance converter that does not just emit simple light-emitting signals like other companies, but also performs TTL auto light control.
* Sony original adapter "ADP - MAA" is required separately for connecting camera and optical converter.
- The Port Lock prevents the port from turning or loosening and the Port Lock lever is specifically located to avoid being unlocked accidentally.
- The housing is equipped with a lens-lock release button which makes it possible to change lenses easily, without opening the housing.
- Pulling out the Focus/Zoom Dial gives sufficient room inside the housing to easily accommodate larger diameter lenses.
- The camera’s diopter adjustment dial can be operated from outside the housing. This feature is useful when two or more people with different eyesight use the housing.
- All controls have luminescence stickers which glow in dark environment.
- Equipped with the Optical Viewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other optional viewfinders such as the VF180 1.2x, VF45 1.2x and Optical Viewfinder 0.66x, 0.8x can be used. ※Some vignetting occurs.When the VF180 1.2x is mounted on housing, the uper part of the camera's viewfinder cannot be viewed due to vignetting.
- Sync Cord 2-pin Connector enables use of conventional hardwired Sync cable (Manual mode only).
- Equipped with two sacrificial zinc diodes (one on the front case and the other on the rear) to prevent electrolysis damage.
- Built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to water ingress.
- Tripod screw mount is located on the centre underside of the housing.
- Equipped with under guard to protect from scrach.
Leak Sentinel V.5 Vacuum Leak Detection System can be added onto the housing.
[Construction] Body: corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy (machined)
Grip: corrosion-resistant die-cast aluminum alloy
[Depth rating] 100m / 330ft
[Dimensions (WxHxD)] 328 x 188 x 131 mm / 12.9 x 7.4 x 5.2 inches
[Weight] Approx. 2,700g / 95oz (Housing only)
No posts found