Sea & Sea MDX-D850 Underwater Housing for the Nikon D850 Camera
The Sea & Sea D850 Underwater Housing for the Nikon D810 Camera is a solid, professional choice for the avid underwater photographer. Constructed from black galvanized corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy, the MDX-850 is a sturdy, protective housing for the Nikon D850 Digital SLR Camera. Major controls including levers and buttons will glow in dark environments and you can utilize almost all of the features of the D850 while underwater. New is an adjustable eyepiece diopter adjustment for the camera. This feature is useful when two or more people with different eyesight use the housing.
The MDX-D850 fits the legendary NX mount Sea & sea bayonet ports and is equipped with a locking port mechanism. A leak detector comes installed in this housing, which provides an alert upon any water leakage. A depth rating of 100m/330ft provides versatility to any underwater photographer.
Much lighter than previous housings
Using unprecedented precision machining, the dimensions of the housing are similar to those of the camera. In addition, the revised internal design has also helped reduce weight. The MDX-D850 is approximately 11% (350g/12.3oz) lighter than the previous MDX-D810 housing.
The MDX-D850 is compatible with new Optical YS Converter/N1 for MDX housing which converts the camera’s TTL signal to a light signal. The optical YS Converter/N can be built into the housing, as an option. Both TTL and manual strobe photography is possible using a Fiber-Optic Cable II.
Improve your view
The MDX-D850 is compatible with both the VF180 1.2x and VF45 1.2x viewfinders. By attaching the VF180 (#46112) or the VF45 prism viewfinders (#46111) to the housing, the magnification increases by 1.2x and entire field of view can be seen at the same time. Recommended for underwater photographers committed to strict composition and focusing.
Built In Focus/Zoom gear
The MDX-D850 is equipped with movable Focus/Zoom gear inside the housing. When the focus/zoom dial is pulled out, the gear inside the housing will move outward allowing for lenses with large diameters to be easily mounted.
Effective & Ergonomic Dials and Levers
The main command dial, the sub command dial, shutter release mode dial and diopter adjustment dial have a damper (spring) to provide secure operation. (Controls on the cameras will not slip because of the damper.) There is a new design for the shutter lever, AF mode lever, the AF-ON lever, and the movie-record lever that has improved the levers ergonomic shape.
- Equipped with two fiber-optic cable sockets for your strobes.
- Two accessory ports: one is designed for N-type strobe connector and the other one is designed for HDMI output.
- The port lock is accessible from the outside of the housing.
- The camera's lens-lock release button is accessible from the outside of the housing.
- The multi selector has been positioned on the right side of the rear case making it easily accessible while holding the grip and operating the camera.
- The camera's built-in flash can be activated and deactivated from the housing. (Only when the accessory light-shielding plate is not in use).
- Equipped with two sacrificial zinc diodes (one on the front case and the other on the rear) to avoid electrolysis damage.
- Three mounting screw holes are located in the bottom of the housing.
- Equipped with the Optical Viewfinder 0.5x as standard. (0.66x and 0.8 may be used as an option.)
- Built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to any water ingress.
- Leak Sentinel vacuum leak check can be optionally added.
- A depth rating of 100m / 330ft makes the housing ideal for tech diving.
Sync cord compatibility of housing: optical/electrical/both
Optional view finders for housing
- 180 ̊ straight viewfinder (46112)
- 45 ̊ viewfinder (46111)
[Construction] Body: corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy (machined)
Grip: corrosion-resistant die-cast aluminum alloy
[Depth rating] 100m / 330ft
[Dimensions (WxHxD)] 346 x 202 x 140 mm / 13.6 x 8.0 x 5.5 inches
[Weight] Approx. 2,850g / 101oz (Housing only)
No posts found