Sea & Sea MDX-R Underwater Housing for Canon EOS R Camera
The Sea & Sea underwater housing for the Canon EOS R camera has been designed and shaped for easy operation during your dive. The ergonomically designed controls are positioned for both comfort and easy use. The MDX-R is compatible with the port system chart for the MDX series SLR housings. You can utilize EF mount lenses with the mount adapter and ports/gears for the MDX series housings.
Compatible with Optical YS Converter C/R* to give fiber optic TTL strobe connectivity
The new optional Optical YS Converter C/R* which converts the camera’s hot-shoe TTL signal into an LED light signal is available. With the converter, both TTL and manual exposure photography is possible.
*Currently developing new firmware. Name subject to change.
Designed for both RF and EFmount lenses with the mount adapter.
The Focus/Zoom dial has two gears, one for EF mount lenses with the mount adapter and the other for RF mount lenses. The MDX-R has been designed to take into consideration various RF mount lenses which will soon be available.
Camera’s upper control panel can be seen.
A window for the camera’s upper control panel is also incorporated. As brightness of the camera’s upper control panel has increased, the visibility is now greatly improved.
- The Port Lock prevents the port from turning or loosening and the Port Lock lever is specifically located to avoid being unlocked accidentally.
- The housing is equipped with a lens-lock release button which makes it possible to change lenses easily, without opening the housing.
- Pulling out the Focus/Zoom Dial gives sufficient room inside the housing to easily accommodate larger diameter lenses.
- All controls have luminescent stickers which glow in dark environments.
- Equipped with the Optical Viewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other optional viewfinders such as Optical Viewfinder 0.66x,and 0.8x can be used. ※Some vignetting occurs when the VF45 and VF180 1.2x is mounted on housing, the corners of the camera's viewfinder cannot be viewed due to vignetting.
- Sync Cord 2-pin Connector enables use of conventional hardwired Sync cable (Manual mode only).
- Equipped with two sacrificial zinc diodes (one on the front case and the other on the rear) to prevent electrolysis damage.
- Equipped with under guard to protect from scratches.
Leak Sentinel V.5 Vacuum Leak Detection System can be added onto the housing.
- Equipped with two (2) Fiber-Optic Cable Sockets
- Equipped with one (1) N-Type (2-pin) connector
- Equipped with two (2) Sacrificial Zinc Diodes (front/rear)
- Built-In Leak Detector Sensor
- Luminescent Buttons: Glow in the dark controls, levers, and buttons.
- Body: Corrosion-Resistant Aluminum Alloy (machined)
- Grip: Corrosion-Resistant Die-Cast Aluminum Alloy
- Depth Rating: 100m / 330ft
- Dim. (WxHxD): 342 x 174 x 159 mm / 13.5 x 6.9 x 6.3 inch
- Weight: Approx. 2,900g / 102oz (housing only)
- Compatible with SEA&SEA Strobes, Sea Arm 8, Fiber-Optic Cable II, Electronic Sync Cords, Leak Sentinel (Vacuum Pump System)
No posts found