Nauticam NA-6500 Underwater Housing for Sony a6500 Camera (17417)
The Sony a6500 is a great match for this high-quality, aluminum Nauticam NA-6500 housing. Depth rated to 300', Nauticam is known for ergonomics and great user experience. Key controls are placed at the photographer's fingertips. The housing is machined from a solid block of aluminum, then hard anodized making it impervious to salt water corrosion. The housing and accessories are light weight, and easy to assemble. The camera drops in without any control presetting, and lens port changes are effortless.
Pioneering optical accessories elevate performance to a new level. Magnifying viewfinders, the sharpest super macro accessory lenses ever made, and now the most versatile wet mount wide angle lens (the WWL-1) combined with the NA-A6500 housing form a complete imaging system. Nauticam has housed more mirrorless cameras, and more Sony E (NEX) Mount cameras than any other housing manufacturer.
Nauticam build quality is well known by underwater photographers around the globe. Marine grade stainless and plastic parts complete the housing, and it is backed by a two year warranty against manufacturing defects.
- Integrated Vacuum Monitoring and Leak Detection-Circuitry included as standard equipment provides constant monitoring of water tight integrity when combined with an optional Nauticam M14 Vacuum Valve II (PN 25624).
- Redesigned Shutter Release: Based on DSLR designs, the shutter release is now an oversized lever, that's easy to reach.
- Patented Port Locking System- Lens ports are securely locked in place with our iconic port locking system.
- Stainless Steel Handle Brackets-Stiffening handle brackets are included with the housing.
- Flexitray Included! Tray and ball mounts along with the external shutter are included.
- External Long-run Battery: Room for an optional external battery pack inside housing.
Sony a6500 Camera
The Sony Alpha a6500 is a higher-end version of the company's a6300 mirrorless camera. The major additions are a new LSI that greatly improves AF and burst shooting performance, 5-axis image stabilization, and a touchscreen LCD with 'touchpad AF.' Sony claims autofocus speeds of 0.05 secs and a top burst rate of 11 fps (8 fps with C-AF) for up to 307 shots. The in-body IS system is CIPA-rated to five stops.
It retains the a6300's 24.2MP CMOS sensor (APS-C-size), Hybrid AF system, EVF, 4K video capture capability and weather-sealed magnesium-alloy body.
Read Camera Review Here.
WWL-1 and CMC-1
WWL-1 is a wide angle conversion, compatible with several lenses in the Sony system. The field of view is widest when paired with the Sigma 19mm f2.8 DN Lens, providing 130 degree diagonal field of view. WWL-1 is also an ideal match for the Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS lens providing over 100 degree diagonal field of view with full zoom through! With either lens, class leading center sharpness, corner sharpness, and contrast result in the clearest wide angle images possible underwater.
Both macro and super wide angle optics are available to the underwater photographer on the same dive. The Nauticam CMC provides high-magnifcations with almost no aberration or color fringing.
A clear view for fine focus and composition is critical for successful underwater photography, and nothing beats a magnifying viewfinder. Available in angled 45º (PN 32205) and Straight (PN 32204) formats.
Reliable automatic flash exposure is available with the NA-A6500 and a variety of optically fired flashes. This system yields accurate automatic TTL flash performance – even in manual mode - with no electrical sync cables to flood!
Contrustion Material of Housing
- Hard anodized aluminum alloy, marine grade stainless steel hardware
Does the housing include a vacuum seal system?
- Electronics pre-installed (requires vacuum valve)
Sync cord compatibility of housing: optical/electrical/both
Optional view finders for housing
- 180º Straight Viewfinder (32204)
- 45º Viewfinder (32205)
Detail and Specifications
- Depth Rating: 100m
No posts found