Nauticam NA-D500 Housing for Nikon D500 (17220)
The Nauticam NA-D500 housing further enhances the market leading Nauticam ergonomic experience with improved control placement, a new, more sophisticated flash triggering system (with optional TTL upgrade), and reduced size / weight thanks to cutting edge manufacturing processes.
Nikon D500: Flagship Power, DX Agility.
Meet the new DX flagship, the Nikon D500. For underwater use this camera has amazing low-light and AF abilities, it can literally see in the dark! Along with it's bright viewfinder, fast speed and new 21MP sensor it will redefine cropped-frame shooting. We believe it is the camera to have for DSLR quality and speed, along with high-magnification for macro and closeups. It shoots 4K UHD video as well! Size and weight are less than full-frame cameras and it can use less expensive and lighter optics.
Check this low light focusing test. The D500 can see in the dark!
The NA-D500 Nauticam Housing
A new LED flash triggering system is standard in every housing, increasing ease of use, setup convenience, and reliability.
This optical flash trigger can fire at the full 10 fps of the camera, making it the ideal solution for the rapid fire fast action shooting. Optical systems, with fiber optic cables linking the external strobes to the housing, are more reliable than electrical sync cables.
The LED trigger circuit board is mounted directly to the front of the housing, and connected to the camera with a hotshoe cable. This new system is compatible with all currently available optically triggered strobes! Powered by two CR2032 batteries, battery life is measured in the tens of thousands of flashes.
Users of legacy strobes without optical triggering are able to add accessory Nikonos (26074) or Ikelite (26075) style bulkheads for electrical flash sync. These bulkheads plug into the LED trigger board.
The redesigned LED Flash Triggering System allows for a much lower housing height.
Accessory TTL Converter
This user installable upgrade provides accurate automatic TTL flash exposure with a number of popular strobes!
Optical triggering, using an led integrated into the board and fiber optic cables, works well with modern strobes like the Inon Z-240, Sea & Sea YS-D2, and more. Electrical triggering supports Ikelite DS- and Sea & Sea YS-250 strobes connected via an electrical sync cord and optional bulkhead.
The right grip is mission control for the D500 camera, accessing many of the frequently used camera functions. Oversized levers are identifiable by feel, allowing tactile operation while framing with the optical viewfinder. The most frequently accessed fingertip controls (Shutter Release, Main Command Dial, and Sub Command Dial, Video Record, and AF-ON) are located here. ISO, the primary exposure control used by DSLR video shooters, is accessed by a convenient thumb lever under the right grip. INFO, useful for calling up the camera settings on the 3.2" rear color LCD, is placed at the right thumb.
A "pinky lever", placed just under the front sub-command dial, accesses the Fn1 button. This can be linked to a number of assignable functions.
The new AF-Mode Lever is a significant improvement. This camera control lever is now easily located by feel from the left handle! A separate AF-M lever is positioned above this lever, and identifiable by feel.
A double thumb lever accesses playback and the assignable Fn2 Button.
Extensive Customization for a Tailored Ergonomic Experience
The Nikon D500 camera in a Nauticam NA-D500 housing offers three assignable push buttons (AF-ON, Fn1, and Fn2) that can all be accessed from the housing handles.
These custom functions can be overwhelming at first, but the creative options they unlock can be incredibly valuable. In short, these assignable buttons mean less time digging through camera menus to change camera functions, and more time capturing the scene as it unfolds.
- 1 Step Spd / Aperture, allows changing exposure settings in full f-stop increments.
- My Menu, a customized panel with frequently accessed menus settings
- Access Top Item in MY MENU
- Flash disable / enable, this is a big one!
- AF-area mode + AF-ON Placed at the right thumb via the re-positioned PV lever.
Contrustion Material of Housing
- Hard anodized aluminum alloy, marine grade stainless steel hardware
Does the housing include a vacuum seal system?
- Electronics pre-installed (requires vacuum valve)
Sync cord compatibility of housing: optical/electrical/both
Optional view finders for housing
- 180 ̊ straight viewfinder (32201)
- 45 ̊ viewfinder (32203)
- Depth Rating 100m
- Weight 3.02kg / 7 lbs.
- Dimensions: 354mm (W) × 188mm (H) × 134mm (D)
- Unsurpassed build quality, designed by award winning engineering team
- Produced utilizing the most modern manufacturing technology available
- Ergonomically placed controls with size, shape, and color differentiation
- Access to all key camera controls
- All controls clearly labeled
- Patented two stage shutter release, precise feel over half/full press
- Patented Port Locking System
- Patent pending Multi Controller pad
- Lens release button
- Easy to operate locking housing latches
- Rubberized ergonomic grips
- Quick release camera mounting plate
- Optical strobe connectors for fiber optic flash triggering
- M16 accessory holes for HDMI, hydrophone, or vacuum valve
- Integrated vacuum monitoring and leak detection circuit (valve optional)
- Vacuum reset button in port mount for quick lens changes
- Dual 1" (25mm) strobe mounting balls included as standard equipment
- 1/4-20 tripod mounting holes
- Dual 10mm threaded accessory mounting points
- .66x optical glass pickup finder
- Magnifying 180 and 45 viewfinders available optionally
No posts found