Nauticam NA-D810 Underwater Housing for Nikon D 810 Full-Frame DSLR Camera
Every control placement on the Nauticam D810 Underwater Housing for Nikon D810 is well thought out for the pro, or semi-pro diving photographer. Every button, lever and switch considered to be in the right position for what is right for the diver. An excellent example is the Multi Controller Pad that is located within easy reach of the right thumb. The device virtually recreates the Nikon multi selector on the back of the NA-810 housing allowing full multidirectional use of this powerful tool (including diagonal movement). Camera tray loading is “drop in” simple, with no controls requiring pre-alignment, allowing the fastest and easiest setup possible.
Core camera controls such as shutter release, aperture, shutter speed, live view, info, exposure compensation, depth of field preview, Fn, flash exposure compensation, focus mode, AF/M and zoom are located at the user's fingertips. Dual thumb levers, located on the right and left sides of NA-D810 pull important camera functionality from the back of the housing out to the handles. This allows quick access to Video Record, AF-ON (for thumb activated focus), ISO and Image Playback.
The Nauticam NA-D810 is an evolutionary marvel. The housing Locking Latch System are integrated into the housing body, secure, yet with ease and functionality. They are equipped with safety locks, and reduce bulk with minimal physical effort to engage and release. Port changes have never been simpler than utilizing the Patented Nauticam Locking Port Release. Lens changes are also easily accomplished without removing the camera from the housing using the lens release button logically accessed on the housing front. The lightweight, rugged Nauticam handles are generously contoured with a durable over-mold process of comfortable non-slip rubber. The vacuum monitoring and leak detection circuit provides peace of mind by enabling the user to ensure that their housing is water tight before entering the water.
NA-D810 Feature Checklist:
- Unsurpassed Nauticam build quality
- Ergonomically placed controls with size, shape, and color differentiation
- Access to all camera controls
- All controls clearly labeled
- Two stage shutter release system, allowing precise feel over half press and full press
- Port Locking System
- Easy to use Multi Controller pad
- Lens release button
- Secure locking housing latches
- Rubberized ergonomic grips
- Quick release camera mounting plate
- Optical strobe connectors for fiber optic flash triggering
- Dual M16 accessory holes for electrical bulkhead, HDMI, hydrophone, or vacuum valve installation
- Integrated vacuum monitoring and leak detection circuit (valve optional)
- Dual 1" (25mm) strobe mounting balls included as standard equipment
- 1/4-20 tripod mounting holes
- Dual 10mm threaded accessory mounting points
- .66x optical glass pickup finder (magnifying 180 and 45 viewfinders available optionally)
- 100m Depth Rating
The Nikon D810 Camera
The D810 maintains the same 36.3MP resolution from its revered predecessors, yet features a newly designed FX-format CMOS sensor that sees the complete removal of the optical low-pass filter (OLPF) from its design. This results in increased measured resolution, allowing D810 to fully realize the benefit of its 36 million pixels. This, combined with a new EXPEED 4 image processor, autofocus inherited from the D4S pro body, better battery life, and improved video shooting functionality make this a significant improvement on the best DSLR body available today.
Read more here on dpReview about shooting this great new camera.
The standard optical glass viewfinder is very good and travel friendly, but many photographers prefer the ease of a magnified viewfinder with adjustable diopter. Nauticam produces a “straight” 180º enlarging viewfinder and a 45º angled enlarging viewfinder to enhance the ease of close quarters work often associated with macro shooting.
Details and Specifications
- Depth Rating: 100m
- Weight: 2.9kg
- Dimensions: 350mm (w) x 298mm (h) x 134mm (d)
No posts found