Nauticam NA-A7II Underwater Housing for the Sony Alpha 7 II Camera - fits all models (a7II, a7IIr, a7IIs)
The Nauticam NA-A7II housing is a stunning blend of aesthetics, ergonomics and functionality. It ships with built-in, yet adjustable handles, featuring Nauticam’s famous contoured rubberized grip. All of the camera's functions are accessible with well-thoughout and ergonomically designed buttons.
The Nauticam vacuum check and leak detection system is available with NA-A7II as standard equipment. Combined with an optional vacuum valve, this monitoring system provides constant updates on the water tight and safe to dive status of the housing. A simple coded LED lighting system lets the user know that the vacuum is solid, or that the housing is losing vacuum. Leak detection is built into the same circuit, so if there is water intrusion, an audible and visual indication will occur. The housing ships with a rear bulkhead port specifically for installing optional vacuum valves, leaving the other bulkhead port available for HDMI, sync cables and other accessories.
A Nauticam Mini Flash Trigger made specifically for Sony is an available option, allowing the camera to shoot rapid fire with flood free optical cables. An electrical strobe bulkhead can otherwise be added. The housing includes an M16 bulkhead port for optional HDMI out, Nikonos style sync cable or other external accessory.
For wide angle, the 16-35mm lens from the Sony Zeiss partnership (Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS) is a great wide angle zoom that focuses close and demonstrates very good sharpness all around with medium to large sized dome ports. The Nauticam 180mm dome is an ideal choice for this lens.
New is the ability to use the Sony FE 28mm lens behind a short port with 67mm threads and add the new, excellent Nauticam WWL-1 wet wide lens for a 130° field of view with stunningly sharp corners. This makes for a compact and reasonably priced wide angle solution as well.
For macro lovers, Sony has a 90mm macro lens (Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS).
Canon full frame lenses like the EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM, or the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM lenses can also be used with the A7 series. This is made possible with a Metabones adapter (Canon EF Lens to Sony NEX Smart Adapter (Mark III or Mark IV)). These lenses work well on the A7 series, providing both aperture and autofocus control from the camera.
NA-A7II Feature Checklist
• Unsurpassed build quality, designed by an award winning engineering team, and produced utilizing the most modern manufacturing
• Ergonomically placed controls with size, shape, and color differentiation
• Access to all key camera controls
• All controls clearly labeled
• Patented two stage shutter release system, allowing precise feel over half press and full press
• Patented Port Locking System
• Patent pending Multi Controller pad
• Lens release button
• Easy to operate locking housing latches
• Rubberized ergonomic grips on adjustable handles
• Laser-cut steel handle brackets
• Quick release camera mounting plate
• Optical strobe connectors for fiber optic flash triggering
• Mini Flash Trigger available
• M16 accessory hole for electrical bulkhead, HDMI or hydrophone installation available
• M14 accessory hole for vacuum valve installation
• Integrated vacuum monitoring and leak detection circuit (valve optional)
• Dual 1" (25mm) strobe mounting balls included as standard equipment
• 1/4-20 tripod mounting holes
• Dual M5/M10 threaded accessory mounting points
• 100m Depth Rating
Contrustion Material of Housing
- Hard anodized aluminum alloy, marine grade stainless steel hardware
Does the housing include a vacuum seal system?
- Electronics pre-installed (requires vacuum valve)
Sync cord compatibility of housing: optical/electrical/both
Optional view finders for housing
- 180 ̊ straight viewfinder (32201)
- 45 ̊ viewfinder (32203)
Details and Specifications
Depth Rating: 100m
Weight: 2.35 kg (with handles & 1" ball adaptors mounted)
Dimensions (with handles mounted): 335 (W) x 165 (H) x 110 (D)
No posts found