Nauticam Canon 1DX MKII Underwater Housing NA-1DXII
Nauticam Canon EOS-1DXII Underwater Housing (17321)
The new Nauticam NA-1DXII housing incorporates advances from the Nauticam housings that came before it, but features enhanced ergonomics, more and better control access, and reduced size / weight thanks to cutting edge manufacturing processes.
Ease of Use
No system is easier to assemble or break down. The camera drops into the housing with a quick release camera tray. No controls need to be preset, as housing functions for dials and switches align automatically (on/off, af-m, still photo/video). The large 120mm housing port opening allows even the largest popular pro Canon wide angle lens (11-24mm f/4) to be used, and the camera can even be mounted in the housing with this large lens attached.
- Patented Port Locking System - No twisting or threading action is required to mount a port, and it locks securely in place with this lever.
- Housing Locking Latches - The latches are safely locked to prevent accidental opening, but are easy to open when needed.
- Multi-controller Pad & Piano Keys - Located within easy reach of the right thumb, ergonomically operates the 1DX Mark II Multi-controller joystick.
- Mission Control - The right hand grip features a cluster of key camera controls, all placed ergonomically for fingertip access. Shutter Release, AF-On, Video Rec, Main Dial, Quick Control Dial, M. Fn., and ISO are all conveniently located.
- Fn and Pv Assignable Function Key Lever - One of 19 available camera functions can be assigned.
- Stainless Steel Handle Brackets - These brackets eliminate any flex or wobble when using big strobes.
- Ergonomic Rubberized Grips - These grips are very comfortable to use.
- Clear Control Labeling - All camera controls are clearly labeled, allowing easy identification.
- Double Thumb Levers - Oversized double thumb levers, easily reached from the housing grips. These levers access AF-On, Video Rec/Live View, Info, and Playback.
- Integrated Vacuum Monitoring and Leak Detection - The Nauticam vacuum check and leak detection system electronics are shipped with NA-1DXII as standard equipment. Combined with an accessory vacuum valve (25625), this monitoring system provides constant updates on the water tight and safe-to-dive status of the housing. A simple color coded LED lighting system lets the user know that the vacuum is solid, or that the housing is losing vacuum. Leak detection is built into the same circuit, so if there is water intrusion, an audible and visual indication will occur. The Nauticam system is temperature compensated, eliminating false alarms caused by a change in outside temperature.
The NA-1DXII Housing comes standard with twin Nikonos flash connectors for electrical strobe triggering. An optional LED flash trigger is available for rapid fire optical triggering (manual power), and a new TTL Flash Trigger enables automatic flash triggering!
TTL Flash Trigger for Canon (26321)
Alongside the NA-1DXII, Nauticam is proud to release a new TTL Flash Trigger. This hotshoe mounted optical flash trigger provides automatic TTL Flash when used with Inon S-TTL and Sea & Sea DS-TTL Strobes connected by fiber optic cables. The TTL trigger also offers manual triggering, including rear curtain sync, with any compatible slave strobe. Powered by a single Canon NB-13L rechargeable battery, the TTL Trigger provides approximately 150 full power flashes.
Nauticam produces a “straight” 180º enlarging viewfinder and a 45º angled enlarging viewfinder to enhance the ease of close quarters work often associated with macro shooting. Both viewfinders have high quality optics, and allow bright viewing of the entire image.
Premium Professional Optics
Experienced shooters know a camera is only as good as the lens in front of it, and the same is true when choosing optics for an underwater camera system. Four optically coated glass dome ports (250mm, 230mm, 180mm, and 140mm diameters) and a series of acrylic ports support popular lenses from Canon, Sigma, and Tokina. Port configurations are extensively tested at Nauticam to determine the ideal extension ring length for best performance.
For macro and super macro shooting, the Nauticam Super Macro Converter is a revolutionary accessory. The water contact correction offers the highest overall sharpness, free from chromatic aberration and purple fringing, with reproduction ratios exceeding 2:1 when used with a EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro Lens.
Details and Specifications
- Depth Rating: 100m
- Weight: 3.32 kg
- Dimensions: 366 mm x 247mm x 153mm (W x H x D)
No posts found