Ikelite Digital SubStrobe with Video Light DS-161
Ikelite Underwater DS161 TTL Strobe with Video Light 4061.4
The Ikelite Underwater DS161 TTL Strobe with Video Light is the most convenient and cost effective way to add video lighting to your camera rig. The quality of light is exceptional due to a round flash tube and reflector designed specifically to deliver the softest, most even coverage possible. When combined with a compatible Ikelite TTL system or film TTL system, the DS161 automatically adjusts brightness to provide perfect exposure whether you're shooting macro, portrait or wide angle.
Built-In Video Light
Instead of a simple focus light, the DS161 includes a super even, 500 lumen video light. The light is suitable for close-up, macro, portrait, and wide angle fill-in work or as a focus assist light. Output is adjustable in 10 brightness settings plus an SOS mode for emergency situations. Automatic shut-off when the flash fires ensures that the video light will have no undesired effects on still photos.
More Flashes – Faster
NiMH batteries are work horses, and a great choice for high powered rechargeable devices due to their performance and reliability at a more affordable price point than lithium ion. This high capacity battery pack provides professional quality power and speed flash after flash, well beyond the capabilities of even the best AA-cell batteries.
Shooting full power flashes? Expect a lightning fast 1.6 second recycle time and over 225 flashes on a single charge. Shooting TTL or in a fractional power setting? You'll get very close to instantaneous recycle time and up to 3X as many flashes... plenty for a day of diving! This battery recharges in half the time of its Li-Ion counterpart for quick topping off before your night dive.
Our famous quick-release toggle system attaches the battery pack with ease and confidence, making a flooded battery virtually impossible.
The included Smart Charger for NiMH accepts variable voltage in the 100-240V range and includes AC adapters for US, Europe, UK and Australia. Smart charging provides safety and helps to increase the lifetime of the pack by switching over to a trickle charge when the battery pack is fully recharged. Feedback on charging cycle is indicated by an LED on the front of the charger.
This charger is compatible with NiMH and NiCad battery packs only. Smart Chargers designed for NiMH or NiCad batteries cannot be used with Li-Ion technology.
TTL Flash Exposure
When combined with a compatible Ikelite TTL system or film TTL system, the DS161 automatically adjusts brightness to provide perfect exposure whether you're shooting macro, portrait or wide angle.
Neutral Buoyancy in Salt Water
The DS161 is approximately neutral in salt water for the most ergonomic and comfortable handling of your camera system. Other strobes require expensive buoyancy arms to provide this key feature!
- DS161 strobe front
- Rechargeable NiMH battery pack
- Battery pack cover
- Smart Charger for NiMH / NiCad
- Waterproof bulkhead cap
- Silicone lubricant 1cc tube
- 2 year limited warranty on DS161 strobe
- 1 year limited warranty on NiMH battery pack + charger
- 300 ft (90 m) depth rating
- TTL mode with compatible Ikelite TTL systems
- Manual power modes in 10 1/2-stop increments
- 500 lumen - 45° LED video light
- Color temperature 4800K
- Guide number 24 m at ISO 100
- Coverage angle 90° without diffuser - 100° with diffuser
- Over 225 full power flashes per charge
- Up to 3X as many flashes per charge in TTL or fractional powers
- Lightning fast recycle time 1.6 seconds or less
- Ikelite ICS 5-pin bulkhead
- Rechargeable 7.2V 3300mAh NiMH battery pack
- Fast 2.5-hour recharge time
- Dimensions 3.75 x 7 in (96 x 179 mm)
- Weight 2.7 lb (1243 g)
- Slightly negative buoyancy in salt water
No posts found