Ikelite Nikon D7500 Underwater 200DL Housing
Ikelite's new white ABS-PC blend front is stronger than its clear counterpart, provides improved contrast and visibility, and keeps your camera running cooler in the sun. This popular model has been completely re-designed from the ground up to include all the latest improvements.
The single most important upgrade is our long awaited new Dry Lock (DL) port system. The new ports are lighter and more adaptable, and can accommodate extremely large diameter lenses with ease. If you're considering shooting professional quality lenses like the Nikon 14-24mm or Sigma 10-20mm HSM, then the DL system is essential.
Most popular zoom lenses and select lens focus rings can be engaged using a simple yet effective gearing system that puts adjustment right at your fingertips. A large, soft-touch lobed knob on the side of the housing makes fine tuned adjustments a breeze. Zoom and focus gears differ depending on which lens you are using. Zoom gears sold separately.
Due to differences in mount diameter and zoom engagement, DL and FL system ports cannot be used interchangeably.
The included vacuum valve allows you to install a Leak Sentinel vacuum leak detection sensor. Combined with a full view of the camera and o-ring seal through the back of the housing, there is no greater assurance that your gear will be safe. Our signature open-groove design suspends the rear o-ring in a natural position that is easier to maintain and more reliable than forcing the o-ring into a channel.
This housings supports your choice of shooting all manual or adding a TTL converter depending on your application. The flash bulkhead has been moved to the top of the case for improved cord routing and reduced strain. Reliable locking connectors between the hotshoe and bulkhead make it easy to install the optional TTL hotshoe or carry back up parts when traveling to remote locations.
You can still enjoy the fastest and most accurate TTL exposure on the market by adding the NT2 Nikon TTL hotshoe # 46064, Nikon TTL Converter with Ikelite plug # 4301.3, and a compatible Ikelite DS strobe. Exposure compensation can be used added or subtracted in the camera.
Controls and Set-Up
We've upgraded the shutter and AF-ON levers to a more natural feeling curved design. Both controls can optionally be extended using the Shutter Trigger Extension # 4077.93 for more comfortable use when using a right-hand quick release handle. If you're not already using back button focus, we recommend learning this valuable trick.
Our push buttons have been redesigned to reduce weight and salt build-up. The back of the housing features laser engraved control symbols which will never fade or fall off.
The camera mount is now front-loading for easy installation and removal.
The included Supereye Viewfinder provides an enhanced view of the camera's optical viewfinder when viewed through a dive mask. The viewfinder removes quickly and easily for the attachment of an optional external viewfinder.
Handling & Travel
Overall the housing is over 1/2 pound lighter than a typical FL counterpart. Our new hard anodized aluminum base with quick release handle has also been streamlined for travel and is over 3/4 pound lighter than our previous DSLR tray and handle system. The Right-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.02 (sold separately) can be added or removed depending on how you want to shoot.
A 1/4-20 threaded mounting point is located front and center on the housing above the lens port mount.
Does the housing have access to all camera controls?
- Controls are not provided for Release mode dial, Release mode dial lock release, Diopter adjustment control, Focus mode selector, Focus selector lock, BKT button, Fn1 button, Fn2 button
Does the housing include a vacuum seal system?
- Yes (pump not included)
Optional view finders for housing
- 45° Magnified Viewfinder (Type 2 - 6891.2)
- Straight Magnified Viewfinder (6890)
- 200' (60m) depth rating
- Compatible with DL system lens ports
- Controls are provided for all important camera controls; Controls are not provided for Release mode dial, Release mode dial lock release, Diopter adjustment control, Focus mode selector, Focus selector lock, BKT button, Fn1 button, Fn2 button
- 1/4-20 thread base mounts with 3.5" spacing
- Near neutral buoyancy in fresh water
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
- 5.8 lb (2.6 kg)
- 9.2 x 7.2 x 6.6" (234 x 183 x 168 mm)
- Vacuum valve included (pump sold separately)
- Included Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with manual hotshoe for reliable electrical triggering of underwater strobes; Optional TTL accessories provides automatic exposure with compatible Ikelite DS strobes
- ABS-PC construction is fundamentally corrosion-resistant
- Made in the USA; Individually inspected for fit and water pressure tested to depth
- 1 year limited warranty
In the Box
- Rear o-ring # 0132.61
- Front o-ring # 0132.45
- Base with Left-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.67
- Port Hole Cover # 0200.92
- Zoom Gear Retainer # 75900
- Tool for Zoom Gear Retainer # 0945.06
- Waterproof Bulkhead Cap # 9104.5
- 4-40 Hex Key # 0945.11
- 1/16" Hex Key # 0945.16
- 1/8" Hex Key # 0945.18
- Control + Push Button Tip Assortment # 9249
- Silicone Lubricant 1cc Tube # 0184.2
No posts found