Ikelite Nikon D500 Underwater Housing with New DL Port Mount
Lens port not included.
The D500 is up to almost any photographic challenge—so it's fitting to offer a housing system that can be built to suit almost any need. Three base housing versions are available to suit the Nikon D500 DSLR camera. All three versions start with a fully functional, white ABS-PC housing front which is depth rated to 200' (60m).
Form + Function
Ikelite’s new white ABS-PC blend is specially formulated for added strength and durability. Compared to black, colored, or clear alternatives, the white shell keeps the camera running cooler, longer in hot, sunny climates.
The D500 slides into the form fitting housing using a simple tripod-style attachment. Controls are provided for all important camera functions and positioned intuitively to take advantage of the muscle memory you develop when using the camera on the surface. A unique universal gearing system puts zoom or focus at the tip of your finger with a brand new soft-touch, 5-lobed knob.
The AF-ON Trick
Take full advantage of the camera's superb autofocus system and fast continuous frame rate by using AF-ON to lock focus. A convenient lever on the side of the housing feels so natural that we promise you'll never think about half-pressing the shutter again.
Groovy Groove-less O-ring
Our unique groove-less design is the most user friendly and reliable sealing method currently available. For added assurance, the all-clear back allows you to see the o-ring form a solid, black line once the housing is sealed.
Optical slaves have come a long way, but electrical sync cords are still the fastest and most precise way to trigger a strobe underwater. Each housing comes equipped with a manual flash hot shoe and Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead. The hot shoe and bulkhead are user changeable for in-field modifications and serviceability. An optional TTL hot shoe and Nikon TTL Converter provide industry leading accuracy in exposure when combined with a compatible Ikelite DS strobe.
The flash system is almost endlessly expandable with lots of options for remote units triggered by extension cords, optical slaves, Pocket Wizards, and more. It's time to get creative with your lighting and think way beyond the classic two-strobe set-up.
Lens Port Authority
And now... the main event. Introducing the NEW Dry Lock (DL) Port Mount. Building off of our popular port system for compact mirrorless cameras, we have re-designed and refined the concept and it's ready for the big leagues. Key features include:
• A unique exterior o-ring which prevents water from dripping onto your camera when the port is removed;
• Solid, sure-stop press fit with no threading, turning, or twisting of the ports or extensions;
• Built for reliability in remote locations with standard locking thumbscrews and no complex moving parts;
• Accommodates large diameter lenses with ease;
• A new compact 8" dome port provides the optical quality of a large dome with the size of a much smaller dome—perfect for close-focus wide angle work;
• Plus the new featherweight full 8" dome is less than half the weight of its predecessor and several pounds lighter than the glass alternatives with nearly identical optical quality!
Not quite ready to let go of your legacy ports? The Four Lock (FL) version can be sent in at a later date for upgrade to the DL mount. However, our original standard flat, 6" dome, and modular port components are not adaptable to the new system. We promise that once you switch over, you won't miss them anyway...
- 200' (60m) depth rating
- Supremely functional for maximum creative control—access is provided for all important camera functions
- Extra-large, soft touch zoom knob next to the left handle
- The NEW Dry Lock (DL) Port System gives added security at the surface of the water and accommodates large diameter lenses
- Vacuum valve included (pump sold separately)
- Flash bulkhead connector for manual exposure with most popular underwater strobes
- ABS-PC and Lexan construction is fundamentally corrosion-resistant
- Made in the USA
- Each housing is individually inspected for fit and water pressure tested to depth
- Includes a balanced aluminum base with left-hand quick release handle
- 1 year limited warranty
- Underwater Housing
- Base with Left-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.67
- Waterproof Bulkhead Cap # 9104.5
- Silicone Lubricant 1cc Tube # 0184.1
- Right-Hand Quick Release Handle with Extension # 4077.02
- Straight Magnified Viewfinder # 6890
- 45° Magnified Viewfinder Type 1 # 6891.1
- 50ft Water Housing for Nikon D500 DSLR with DL Port Mount
- 200ft Underwater Housing for Nikon D500 DSLR with Four Lock Port Mount (older style ports)
Does the housing have access to all camera controls?
- Access to all important functions
Does the housing include a vacuum seal system?
- Yes (pump not included)
Optional view finders for housing
- 45° Magnified Viewfinder (Type 1 - 6891.1)
200' (60m) depth rating
1/4-20 thread base mounts with 3.5" spacing
Near neutral buoyancy in fresh water
Actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
Weight 5.1 lb (2.3 kg) not including tray + handles
Dimensions 9.2 x 7.1 x 6.6" (234 x 180 x 168 mm) including projections
This housing will accepts any Ikelite DL-series port to accommodate most popular zoom, macro, and wide angle lenses. Zoom is accessible for many lenses when the correct zoom gear is used and dome ports are recommended for wide angle and zoom lenses under water while flat ports are recommended for macro close-up lenses.
Included is the Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with manual hotshoe for reliable electrical triggering of underwater strobes. Optional TTL hotshoe and Nikon TTL Converter (Product number 4301.3) provide TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes because the camera's built-in flash cannot be fired inside of the housing.
The signature open-groove design suspends the rear o-ring in a natural position that is easier to maintain and more reliable than forcing the o-ring into a channel. This housing has a new sensitive trigger lever that is extendable for comfortable use when holding the optional right-hand quick release handle. The back is completely clear for an unobstructed view of the camera and o-ring seal. Control symbols are laser etched into the back and will never fade or rub off and the quick install camera mount plate does not need to be removed for battery or memory card access. One spare 1/2-20 threaded accessory mount locations on the front of the housing for the addition of optional accessories.
- Shutter-release button
- Power switch
- Movie-record button
- Sub-command dial
- Exposure compensation (+/-) button
- ISO button
- MODE button
- WB button
- Metering button
- BKT button
- Lens release button
- AF-ON button
- Main command dial
- Multi selector
- Info button
- Live view selector
- Lv button
- i button
- Playback button
- Trash button
- MENU button
- Key/? button
- Magnify + button
- Magnify - button
- OK button
- Fn2 button
No posts found