Ikelite DS160 II 160Ws TTL Underwater Strobe
DS160 II 160Ws TTL Underwater Strobe
Performance When It Counts, Every Time
The DS160 underwater strobe is the long-standing choice of professionals who need a strobe that can be relied on to perform over and over. No strobe on the market today comes close to the number of hours of factory and field testing as our DS160-series, including under the Antarctic ice.
Quality of Light in a Lightweight Package
Our proprietary circular flashtube design and soft white powder coated reflector produce a quality of light that is widely accepted as the perfect choice for professional wide angle underwater photography.
A custom formulated ABS-PC blend make the strobe fundamentally corrosion-proof and over 1/2 lb (237 g) lighter than aluminum-body strobes.
The DS160 beam is designed for proper spread and color temperature without adding a light-reducing diffuser. The optional Dome Diffuser # 4069.2 is available to extend the spread of the light with only a half-stop reduction of apparent brightness.
Change Settings without Taking your Eyes off your Subject
Life moves quickly underwater and you need to be able to react instantly when your lighting needs change. Shooters who use manual strobe exposure settings prefer our large, click-stop dial controls which provide intuitive, tactical feedback of exposure setting.
The robust dial controls are now even larger and taller for comfortable use with even the thickest gloves. A slide lock prevents the strobe from accidentally being turned on when not in use.
Flash, Recycle, Repeat
Your strobe is only as powerful as the batteries that drive it. Commercially available batteries do not have the low internal impedance required for truly fast recycle times. Even the best rechargeable AA batteries are sluggish in high-powered strobes and only get slower and weaker as their charge drains.
Our custom rechargeable cells power high frame rate firing from the first shot to the last. These premium quality industrial grade NiMH cells have been proven to out perform alkaline and lithium cells in real world underwater conditions, including the temperature fluctuations and storage conditions of the photographer diver. While 5 years is the average lifespan of a rechargeable pack, we routinely talk to shooters who are happily using 10-15 year old NiMH battery packs.
The battery pack attaches quickly and easily with a unique toggle lock that prevents accidental floods. You don't even need to lubricate the o-ring. The strobe front is compatible with older NiMH Battery Packs # 4066.5 or the DS230 Strobe Battery Pack # 40066BK.
- Professional quality light for wide angle and macro
- Fastest recycle time
- Over 15% lighter than aluminum body strobes
- Made in USA
In the Box
- DS160 Strobe Front # 40160X
- Rechargeable NiMH Battery Pack # 40066GY
- Battery Pack Cover # 0591.4
- Smart Charger for NiMH with USA Plug # 0083.92 (or 0083.93 Euro Plug / 0083.94 UK Plug / 0083.95 Australian Plug)
- Diffuser # 0591.3
- 1" Ball Mount # 4081.4 (installed)
- Waterproof bulkhead cap # 9104.7
- Silicone lubricant 1cc tube
- 2 year limited warranty
- Depth rating: 100 meters (330 feet)
- Power: 4 to 160 Ws
- Power Control: 10 stops in 1/2-stop increments
- Modeling light: 205 lumen LED
- Color temperature: 4800K
- Guide number at 1m (ISO 100): 24 full power
- Flashes per charge: 300 to thousands dependent on power setting
- Recycle time: 0.1 to 1.0 seconds dependent on power setting
- Electrical sync connection: Ikelite ICS 5-pin bulkhead
- Battery: 7.2V 3300mAh NiMH rechargeable
- Dimensions: 91 mm diameter x 179 mm length (3.6" x 7")
- Weight with battery: 1243 grams (2.7 pounds)
- Buoyancy: Slightly negative in salt water
No posts found