Gates Underwater Housing for Sony F5 and F55
The F55 Housing is a marquis member of the Gates family of housings for digital cinema and broadcast TV. Designed specifically for the Sony F5 and F55 CineAlta cameras, the F55 shares many functional features with its cinema brothers including full camera and lens control, support for a wide variety of DSLR and PL mount lenses, fully adjustable buoyancy / trim, and Gates Precision Ports for no compromises image quality.
The F55 housing is a Gates through and through: Precision machined aluminum shell, stainless steel hardware, reliable fingertip mechanical controls -- all backed by Gates legendary service and 2 year renewable warranty. Durable, reliable, dependable – the hallmark of Gates since 1969. From research to broadcast TV and cinema productions, they never take a chance...they take a Gates!
- Seal Check II – to verify housing integrity *before* entering the water:
- External Monitor - Either the EM50 Integrated External Monitor or TVL55 External Monitor case (for TV Logic VFM-058W, not included) are required with the F55.
- Carry Handle - Easy grip, transport and handling.
- Spare Kits - O-rings, tools, hardware
- Travel Case - Travel Case(s) have rollers and retractable handle
"Bulletproof" machined aluminum, black type III hard anodize finish, and sealed with a nickel acetate process.
The Gates EM50 and TVL55 are compatible with the F55 Housing.
Extensive Lens Support
Over 45 PL and DSLR lenses are supported in the F55 Housing.
Adjustable Buoyancy and Trim
Add/remove trim weights for ideal buoyancy and balance – a genuine pleasure and key to stable, fluid shots.
Clarity, sharpness and no vignetting (cutoff dark corners) to spoil your images.
User friendly field serviceable controls are 100% mechanical -- no complicated mechanisms or electronics to fail.
2-year renewable warranty on all housing
Perfect grip and convenient access to controls
Included with F55 Housing
Please contact us with what lenses and options you intend to use and we can help specify the necessary configuration.
Controls (All Mechanical)
- Manual 3 Axis Lens Control (Focus / Zoom / Iris)
- ND Filter
- Assign 1/2
- Menu Dial / Select
- Menu Cancel
- Soft Keys x6
Dimensions: Basic Shell
Transport size with 8" dome / PR126, No AXS-R5
- 18.4" L x 10.4" H x 11.3" W ”
- 47 cm x 26 cm x 29 cm
Fully Assembled with EM50 monitor, handles.
- 18.4" L x 16.9" H x 15.2" W ”
- 47 cm x 42.3 cm x 39 cm
- Machined Aluminum, Type III Hard Anodized finish.
- Stainless steel hardware.
Weight in Air
- ~40lbs / 18 kg. Dependent on configuration.
Weight in Water
- Fully adjustable buoyancy / trim.
- 450 feet / 137 meters.
- Accommodates BP-FL75 and other V-Lock batteries (contact Gates for compatibility).
- 2 Years Renewable. Gates Warranty Details.
- External LCD Monitor shell only (LCD not included).
- Gates [infopopup:seal-check] system.
- Pelican Case.
- Tool & O-Ring Kit.
Sony F5 or F55 Items Required
(Basic set. See Supported Equipment for more info)
- Sony F5 or F55 Camera.
- Battery (Sony BP-FL75 or other V-Lock type).
- LENS of choice (GATES Lens Compatibility Reference).
- Nikon lenses require MTF Adapter MTNIKGFZ and Gates Gear Ring Adapter.
No posts found