Anglerfish 4K Underwater HDMI 5.7" Monitor
The AFCL-HD57 4K Underwater HDMI Monitor is the first in a new product line designed to provide a comprehensive monitors for both professional filmmakers and the recreational videographers. Anglerfish aims to have accessible monitors available to everyone while solving some of the deficiencies associated with other monitors available on the market. The AFCL-HD57 monitor includes a shade, ball mount, cable, bulkhead and bulkhead adaptors for the seven major bands (Aquatica, Nauticam, Sea & Sea, Subal, SEACAM, Ikelite, and ISOTTA). Adapters to retrofit the existing bulkheads on other housings will be available for an additional cost and is made to order.
- 5.7” IPS Screen
- Full 4K High Resolution
- High brightness: 550cd/m²
- High Contrast: 1400:1
- Support HD 1920x1080 & 4K Input
- Viewing angle: 85°/85°(L/R), 85°/85°(U/D), wide 170° viewing angle
- Ultra-thin Design
- Rec.709 HD color standard
- Color Calibration prior to shipping
- Customizable Menu Colors
The Monitor is design to accept the standard Sony NP-F750 (4-cell, 7.2V rechargeable ) lithium-ion battery pack. Many aftermarket brands produce high quality battery packs which are compatible with the Sony brand. A 35Wh version of the battery can provide 4.50 hr of run time. A special 50Wh version can also be used which can provide up to 6.25 hrs of operating time.
The monitor's electronics is integral to the housing which allows for low profile and overall weight reduction. The monitor uses a standard Sony F970 rechargeable battery. The battery compartment is completely sealed from the rest of the monitor which protects the electronics from flood due to user error. The battery compartment can be accessed using four thumbscrews. Housing has a ball and 1/4”-20 mounting options for upright and upside-down orientation. The shade can easily be removed and mounted reverse. The large staggered buttons allow for easy operation in cold water using gloves.
The custom bulkhead and the cable connectors are engineered for maximum signal attenuation by minimizing the connector’s differential impedance mismatch and reduce noise and cross talk. This connector is able to transmit 4K signal. Other monitor brands use the continuous cable for 4K transmission because they are not able to impedance match connector to the cable. The use of continuous cable is not recommended because a failure in the cable can result in a housing flood. Moreover, it’s difficult to pull a vacuum as the air can travel from the monitor housing to the main camera housing. This problem is solved by using proper connectors that are vacuum-tight.
The connectors are designed for fatigue and cyclic use without failure. The unique design allows the user to remove the connector without removing the bulkhead from the housing. Moreover, the bulkhead is designed such that while wet removal of the connector will deflect water droplets away from the signal contacts. The bulkhead is supplied with a watertight cap as well.
All monitor manufacturers typically use a land base HDMI cable with a thin outer jacket. A proper HDMI underwater cable does not exist until now. Anglerfish Creative Lighting has custom-designed their own cable capable of transmitting signals up to 8K. The solid core cable can withstand subsea pressures. It is fully shielded and armored with a layer of Kevlar along with 2mm thick TPU plastic doped with UV stabilizers to protect it from direct sunlight and exposure to the harsh subsea environment. The cable can withstand a pull force of 1,000kg and is cut resistance. You can literally hold your camera rig from our HDMI cable!
The monitor electronics is loaded with features that allow the operator to capture images at ease. These software feature are:
- Brightness Histogram
- Peaking Focus Assist (three colors options)
- False Colors
- Zebra Exposure (1-100IRE adjustable)
- Scan Mode (Under Scan, Over Scan)
- Check Field (Red, Green, Blue, Mono)
- Anamorphic Mode (1.3x, 2.0x, 2.0x magnification)
- Image Flip (H, V, H/V)
- Image Freeze
- Center Marker
- Screen Marker (80%,85%,90%,93%,96%, 2.35:1)
- Ratio marker (4:3,13:9,14:9,15:9,16:9,1.85:1,2.35:1)
- Color Temperature Adjustment
- Nine Grid (Zoom one of the images to realize the full screen)
- Zoom (4X, 9X, 16X)
- HDMI Input/ Output Support Format:
- 1080i (60/59.94/50)
- 720p (60/59.94/50/30/29/25/24/23.98)
- 1080p (60/59.94/50/30/29.97/25/24/24sF/23.98/ 23.98sF)
- 4K UHD 3840×2160p (30/29.97/25/24/23.98Hz)
- 4096×2160p (24Hz)
For more information click HERE for the User Guide.
- The material of Construction: Aluminum Gr. 6061-T6 / Delrin
- Surface Treatment: Type III Hard Anodizing
- Pressure Rating: 200m Depth & Special 400m Version
- Operating Temperature: -3ºC to +50ºC
- The material of Construction: Marine Brass
- Surface Treatment: Chrome/Nickel Plated
- Pressure Rating: 200m Depth
What's in the Box:
- AFCL-HD57 Cable pre-installed
- Ball Mount c/w 2 screws
- Sunshade thumbscrews (set of 4)
- M14x1 HDMI Bulkhead with HDMI Micro
- HDMI Female Micro to A,C,D (set of 6)
No posts found